FDLRS Human Resources Development (HRD) function personnel collaboratively plan and provide information, training, technical assistance/consultation, and resources related to effective instructional strategies and models for the education of children and youth who are exceptional and/or have unique needs based on locally assessed needs and established priorities.
HRD services include needs assessments and personnel development with multi-level professional development activities at the awareness, comprehensive, integration, application, and follow-up levels.
Sampling of Services offered by local HRD personnel:
If you require any type of accommodation for an event sponsored by the Polk County School District, accommodation requests must be made at least 72 hours in advance of the event. To arrange accommodation, contact the School or department sponsoring the event. For assistance, contact the Office of Equity & Compliance in Human Resource Services at (863) 534-0513. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency by calling Florida Relay Service at 1 (800) 955-8771.
- FDLRS Microsoft Office 2013
- FDLRS Classes for Parents
- FDLRS Parent Classes for Professionals
- FDLRS-presented Parent Learning University for Growing (PLUG) Classes
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) for Families & Community Members
- 4 Steps to Behavior Management
- Tough Kids Social Skills
State Online Opportunities
- K-6 Content Review-(Elementary K-6 Flyer)
- Middle Grades 5-9 Online Content Review Modules Link/More Information
- Professional Development Alternatives Overview of PDA Modules
- Working with the Experts provides professional development (PD) for speech and language professionals, and occupational therapy and physical therapy professionals, who provide services to students with disabilities in Florida’s public schools. Contact Joanne Stidham for further information and PD scheduling.